Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

max232 pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
hi
i want to use rs232 from the pic (18f4685), but i am not sure of the pins for the pic on the max232 chip.so my question is does the TX pin from the PIC goto pin11 of the max232? and the RXpin of the PIC goto pin12 of the max232? also wich pins of the maxchip goto wich pins on a D9 connector for the serial port of the computer?
many many thank yous logan
(ps is for my robot project :D )

hi
i want to use rs232 from the pic (18f4685), but i am not sure of the pins for the pic on the max232 chip.so my question is does the TX pin from the PIC goto pin11 of the max232? and the RXpin of the PIC goto pin12 of the max232? also wich pins of the maxchip goto wich pins on a D9 connector for the serial port of the computer?
many many thank yous logan
(ps is for my robot project :D )

hi Logan,
look at this image.

Last edited:
there is no image mr gibbs :D

i cant see it :(

ok i see it now maybe i was too quick
thank you

ah great i was correct then!!! woohooooo. i wasnt sure what TTL was :D

Status
Not open for further replies.