Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matrix -symmetric or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

thug

how do i check i 8051 programming if a matric is symmetric or not for eg If the value stored in 60H is 3 and values stored in 61H, 62H, . . ., 69H are 1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 . then psw.5 shud be set to 1. matrix dimension m can be 2, 3, or 4. Assume the matrix M to be stored in row-major form, i.e., element M(1, 1) is in the 1st location, M(1, 2) is in the 2nd location, . . . , M(m, m − 1) is in the (m − 1)*m-th location and M(m, m) in the m^2 -th location ;

Last edited:
.so wat i thought was that i could enter the values in the addresses mentioned . now in case of 2*2 matrix the numbers at 62h and 63h should be equal.similarly that at 62h-64h,63h-67h and 66h-68h for 3*3 matrix like that.so i used cjne to check if matrix dimension is 2 or 3 or 4 and in case i checked the condition like if 62h and 63h are equal using cjne. my problem is that i am not able to get the output in keil. and i am not able to figure out the problem.the logic seems fine to me but i would like to know whether the logic is wrong or are there any possible mistakes which i should take care of

Answered in your other thread on the subject.

I said:
Treat it as a 2D array, X and Y.

Use nested loops to count X and Y, up to the limit.
The test within the inner loop is then

If matrix(x,y) <> matrix(y,x) it's not symmetrical so exit with false result.

If you complete both loops without that happening, it's symmetrical

The loop counts would be 0 to size-1
To simplify array addressing, use a separate Y offset value, starting at 0 and add the size to that when you increment the Y count value.

The address offset from the first array address is then Y offset + X count; no multiplication needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
For each matrix there are 4 lines of symmetry or am I miss understanding?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back