Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matrix keyboard different diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

merk

Hi,

on internet I found different diagrams how to connect 4x4 matrix keyboard to a microcontroller.
this are the 4 different diagrams I found.
1st diagrams using ADC and voltage divider is understood 100%
2. diagram with no resistors I thin is false since having no sink resistors on the output means that voltage will stay even when pin will transition from logic 1 to logic 0.
3rd diagram with pull down resistors on the output pins is actually what I am thinking to make.
4th diagram is actually same as 3rd only in reverse and I think we can use internal weak pull ups instead of one on the PCB?

Do I understand those diagrams correctly?

Attachments

• matrix keyboard.JPG
    matrix keyboard.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 202
Agree with Ian, make sure you use a port with internal pullups.

Note diagram 3, the pulldown resistors are draw how pullups are normally drawn. The clue is in their names.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back