Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data Logger With DOT MATRIX printer output

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple-simon

At the moment this is a kind of place holder for a long term project which I shall briefly describe.
I have use of a green house to grow plants and veg, to this I have a 12V slar charged battery 12V. At the moment it simply powers a small light and water pump.
I would like to have a pic micro data logger connect to a LCD and a old dot matrix printer, no reason for the printer except its just me putting a spin on a done to death protect and it seems like fun.

Dont expect fast progress I have much to learn first! While I wait for my dev board I can start with reading up about the Amiga 500 printers and ports, I will give my reasons for choosing this later, but for now this is the book I am reading. It would seem a fairly simple project with a few parts.

Another good printer manual and its still a easy to get printer and ribbns! Plus it can use serial RS232

Edit
The printer needs a serial card for RS232, but even if I get one without it then it still looks pretty straight forward, as for memory etc I guess there is always FRAM. and shift registers to bit bang the bus

Attachments

• pdf_amiga-printers-inside-and-out-1990-ockenfelds.pdf
    16.8 MB · Views: 197
  • kxp2123.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 189
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    186.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
So after much I found many Got Matrix printers used mainly something called ESC/P, this turns out to be Epsom Standard Code for Printers. With dome google magic I got this :D
Its the complete ESC/P Reference manual

Attachments

• epson18162eu.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back