Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making power inputs in eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyNealG

I have a schematic for a dual IF amp which is 1 board in a series. I want to have simple solderable
vias for power input(or test points) instead of on board connectors. If I just show 12v with the arrow, or a GND symbol on the schematic, the board doesn't construct any ports. How can I indicated in the schematic that I want a powered hole?
AndyNealG-KM4TRT

I think some where in a library there is a "test point". The schematic shows a symbol. The PCB side has many different options. (hold size and pad size) I think you need to add a test point to the schematic. OR You can use a 1 pin connector. OR You can add a two pin connector for Power and Gnd. (0.1 spacing)
OR
You can add a "via" to the trace. It does not show on a schematic but it does give you a hole and a trace. This is done in layout and not in schematic.

Agree with Ron, test points or solder pads. However, I'd avoid using a via as the solder mask insulates them.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back