Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Major Keyboard Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really cold outside right now... :p and snowing pretty hard....

Marks256 said:
It is really cold outside right now... :p and snowing pretty hard....
That storm is coming here on Tuesday. I hope it dumps most of the snow on you so we don't get much.
Parts of America are getting snow for their first time this week.

I used to take my keyboard apart and pull out the electronics so that I could stick all the plastic parts into the dishwasher.

Just run it through a normal cycle and it would come out nice and clean, shake the water out from the keys and let it dry for a bit, reassemble, and voila; new keyboard feel.

The only downside I noticed is that after the third or fourth dishwasher cycle, all of the grease/lubricant used in the keys (believe it or not, there was some in there) was gone so it wasn't quite as smooth to type on as when it was new.

I dont think I could do this with my new keyboard though, its wireless. =(

That storm is coming here on Tuesday. I hope it dumps most of the snow on you so we don't get much.
Parts of America are getting snow for their first time this week.

Well we got enough snow for now... :( It is letting up now, though. :) I am guessing we got about a foot of snow. Give or take a few inches.

My weather forcast for tomorrow shows only 1 inch of snow coming. So most of the storm did dump on you. On Sunday it will be warm and raining.

It actually did snow down in south carolina(SE USA) for a long time awhile we've actually seen some. I ain't worried bout no grease and water, hell most the time i got more grease and oil on my hand than the air compressor squirts out.

Marks256 said:
Well we got enough snow for now... :( It is letting up now, though. :) I am guessing we got about a foot of snow. Give or take a few inches.

You got a foot today?:eek: Geez, we only got about 2 inches here in Mankato.

Andy1845c said:
You got a foot today? Geez, we only got about 2 inches here in Mankato.

Yep. :( I shoveled a bit this morning, and it was filled in by about 4:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back