Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic Flux Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codan

Hi All,

Another novice question here:

I have setup a small experiment with a pulsing coil--Coil 1 to produce a pulsed magnetic flux, say we do not know the specifications of this coil like number of turns on the windings, voltage to the coil, flux density etc.

There is another coil --Coil 2 of known specifications placed in close proximity to this coil 1 which is creating a voltage in coil 2 from being induced from the pulsed coil.

My question is:
Is it possible to calculate the magnetic flux produced from Coil 1 if we were to measure the voltage produced in coil 2 of known specifications?

Thank You

N1*dFlux1/dt = N2 *dFlux2/dt ..... (1)

V1 = N1/N2 * V2 ..... (2) // hope got my equations correctly :)

I think you have more unknowns than equations? Hence you run into dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back