Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mabuchi Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend_J

image000002.jpg
I am trying to repair this vibrating toy that I have had since I was a kid for my new nephews.

Its called a Bumble Ball. Its a small Mabuchi motor that rotates around an axis inside the ball to make it shake. It has sat broken for a long time but I have tested all the connections inside the toy and they all are fine. Except for the motor.

All I need to do is figure out what kind of motor to replace the broken one with. There is no information online that shows what voltage and rpm this motor is. And size is also a limiting factor since it needs to fit into the original housing inside the ball.

Any advice on where to look or maybe even how to fix this motor would be wonderful.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 275
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 261
Ebay would be a good place to start. You will need to make sure it is the same size (Including the shaft diameter) and voltage rating. You will just have to try different RPM rating motors as you do not know what it should be. The old motor will not be repairable but if it is just the brushes that have worn down you may be able to get it to run for long enough to measure its speed with a tachometer.

Les.

If you measure the motor's length and diameter and you know which battery the toy uses there's a good chance of finding a matching motor.
2mm is a common shaft diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back