Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M6117B A1 mini board help

Status
Not open for further replies.

HommerSimpson

I have this board out of A copyWritter A2D. Its a Microboards Technology board. It had another board ontop of it that pluged into the 64 pin header. That board kinda got partialy destroyed. But this board looks like i could use it for a project board. But i can not find ANY pinout for the header at all. I have a picket 3 coming anyday now. And I was thinking I could get a PIC chip to replace the SST one on this board and use it to learn from. Any help would be nice.
Thanks
Greg
**broken link removed**
this is board that got trashed for parts..
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I am doubtful about using that board as a PIC training tool, so I can't help with that part, but there are still a few useful parts to remove from the scrap board.

For starters, there's a potentiometer and a 24C16 EEPROM at the bottom right, along with a few headers and some capacitors.

There's also the 74 series IC's, particularly the 74LS245's, if you are curious about BEAM Robotics. They can be stacked for more current and the outputs used to drive small motors.
Have a look here for more info:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Which header on the PCB was the LCD previously connected to?

Also, what type (make & model) of LCD was connected to this PCB?

I think it was attached to the second board... the boards hooked together with the 64 pin header you see left on the top board.. I striped this thing out for the cd players and Hard drive.. did not pay attintion to the boards... :{ It was just a few weeks before I decided to learn how this stuff works... Live and learn..

con 5 or 3 I think 3... the lcd had a 20 pin conector using only 18 of them.

Last edited:
You haven't yet mentioned the type of LCD which was used....
Anyway, do you still have it and are able to match up the connector on the LCD, to the PCB?
It appears you have removed a bunch of components from the left side of the bottom pic...what did you remove?
Was the header "Cont5" removed by yourself and could it possibly match the pin count of the LCD connector?
What about "Cont3"? EDIT: Just noticed the above additional text.
If you can find out which header the LCD was originally connected to, you could follow the traces back to an IC and do a search for a datasheet for that IC.
But, you will likely find out that most of the remaining IC's on that board are of little use to you right now though....

You'd probably be far better off starting from scratch and using Nigel's tried & tested tutorials, rather than trying to scavenge an LCD controller IC and then work out how to interface a PIC to it - you can control an LCD from a PIC quite easily....

Identify the LCD module that you have already removed, and hope it is HD44780 compatible.
If it is, look here:

for the lessons,

and here:

for the hardware.

If your LCD is not HD44780 compatible, set it aside and get one which is. They are not expensive and the lessons learned from Nigel's pages will give you a good start with PIC's.

TBH, I'd just strip both those boards bare and toss 'em, saving the components for later projects.

HTH.

Last edited:
Hmmm, there appears to be very few results for this GLCD module with regards to finding a datasheet...

Perhaps it may be better to find a better documented/supported model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back