Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Luxeon lookalike LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

b rett2010

I bought a 5W LED from a Hong Kong supplier. It looks like a Luxeon, but is another brand.

There was no info included with it. What do I need to drive it? Someone said I needed a special supply which gave a 12V squarewave output to drive it most efficiently. Another said simply to supply 12V without a resistor. Another said I needed a resistor to limit the current. The only thing everyone agrees on (that I already knew) was that it needs heatsinking.

Can someone give me a definite answer on what I need to drive it? Its a ProLight 5W White LED PG1N-5LWS.

Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Yes always Google before asking.

You can use a resistor but it's better to use a constant current switched mode power supply.

That bis the best Chinese datasheet that I have ever seen. No spelling mistakes!
Maybe they just copied the datasheet from Philips Lumileds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back