Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

XL-power

hi all,

am new to LTspice, could anyone help me? how can i make my program to draw the dissipated power versus a variable resistor?

(power versus resistor)
my circuit is completed, just my problem is how can i make the program to do so?

thanks in advance

You started with a topic slightly more complex than it first appears. I've never seen a variable resistor properly modeled in LTspice. You can STEP a resistor value through a single simulation over a set of values but constant variability is not so easy.

You don't need LTSpice to determine power over a resistor though, all you need to know is the voltage and use a calculator.

First, this topic should be in This forum.

Second, does this do what you want?

Third, here is an alternate way to do it, where the resistor is a function of time.

Attachments

• DF44.png
    DF44.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 607
  • DF44a.png
    DF44a.png
    31 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
You started with a topic slightly more complex than it first appears. I've never seen a variable resistor properly modeled in LTspice. You can STEP a resistor value through a single simulation over a set of values but constant variability is not so easy.

You don't need LTSpice to determine power over a resistor though, all you need to know is the voltage and use a calculator.

thanks for your reply, but i do , i need power versus resistor
i use "MikeMl" method and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back