Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice transfer function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronworks

Anyone know how to do a transfer function in LTSpice?

Just as a quick circuit, I have connected a voltage ramp waveform to the base of an emitter follower. I want to plot the transfer function from base to emitter (then move on to move complex circuits later).

I have probed the base and the collector and have got transient analysis working quite happily. I cannot get the transfer function going though.

LTSPICE keeps spitting out the error: 'Transfer function source v not in circuit'.

Going back into the transfer function setup, I notice it has now changed my Vin reference to 'v'.

What am I doing wrong...?

All I want is a plot of Vin on the x axis and Vemitter on the Y axis.

Post the circuit diagram of the simulation.

Here it is...

Let me know your comments...

Thanks!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 3,850
In some Spice simulators the Transfer Function is the S-plane Laplace transfer function, not the transient or DC transfer function. I suspect LTSpice may be the same.

If you are looking for a plot of input voltage versus output voltage, do a DC sweep (if LTSpice offers that function).

Look at the attached example

Attachments

• DCsweep.gif
    DCsweep.gif
    71.7 KB · Views: 5,365
Here is an example. If you change the DC value of Vin, the transfer function will change.

Attachments

• emitter follower transfer function.png
    emitter follower transfer function.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 5,265
  • emitter follower tf.asc
    683 bytes · Views: 2,344
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back