Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice switch not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I am using an spst switch from yahoo group in my adc file and the switch is not working properly. I have set the switch to 0 witch means of, but voltage is still going through. I have tested the switch in the simple_switch file and 0 gives you 0 volts. Not sure what I am doing wrong in adc file. The picture bellow will provide more information. The highlighted parts are where I probed the circuit. I would appreciate any help.

upload_2018-7-30_10-5-39.png

Thanks

You schematic for the adc simulation is too small to see the details.

If you want the voltage to go to zero, you need to add a resistor (say 10kΩ) going to ground.
An open circuit from the relay output is an undefined state.

Last edited:
Attach your raw files .asc so members can help.

Hi

I have attached my .asc file. I appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Attachments

• adctest.asc
    1.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Wrong .asc file?

Hi

Nope this is the correct .asc file. I changed the file in the picture to test some stuff out. I thought I could solve the problem. But I am still getting the same results in the file I posted. In the new file I probed the output of the wire with the resistor to get voltage.

Thanks

Last edited:
Connect a 10k (not critical) resistor between the CLR inputs and ground, as Crutschow suggested: otherwise leakage current through the switch keeps the CLR inputs high.

If you don't follow the suggestions we make, then it's difficult to solve your problem. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back