Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice: Splitting a gate drive into two separate gate drive pulse streams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,

I wish to simulate a Half Bridge SMPS in LTspice, but using the LT1243 adapted to control it.

I need to split the gate drive in to two separate streams as in the attached.

Would you say D flip flop for each stream would be best to achieve these two streams?

Attachments

• LT1243 as half bridge driver.jpg
    LT1243 as half bridge driver.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 202
  • LT1243 as half bridge driver.asc
    2.9 KB · Views: 174
Thanks Ronsimpson, the LTC3721 has slope compensation and a rather low current sense voltage reference, and takes longer to simulate.
The LT1243 is very simple and straightforward.
(I like the LTC3721 though and if i was doing it on the bench i would consider using it in some cases.)

The attached (LTspice and schem) shows how it can be done with the LT1243 …but I am getting an unfortunate little spike in the waveform streams as shown.

Any better ways?

Attachments

• LT1243 as half bridge driver_2.jpg
    LT1243 as half bridge driver_2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 210
  • LT1243 as half bridge driver 2.asc
    5.3 KB · Views: 181
Your little spike may be a sim artefact. Putting even 1pF in parallel with S1 or S2 increases the spike dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back