Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice simulation of two transistor forward converter is noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
Our 160W two transistor forward converter simulaton (LTSpice) switches in a noisy and irregular manner when synchronous FETs are used with higher “Qg”.
(the ‘synchronous fets’ are the secondary side fets)
This seems to me that it may be a fault of the simulator(?), because changing the synchronous FETs to an almost similar FET, with a slightly lower Qg parameter, completely solves the problem, and it switchs smoothly. Is this a fault of the simulator?

Using IPB107N20N3 FETs causes noisy switching.
Using BSC900N20NS FETs switches smoothly and properly.

IPB107N20N3 FET datasheet:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...n.pdf?fileId=db3a3043243b5f170124968e7d1f18e7
BSC900N20NS FET datasheet:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BSC900N20NS3-DS-v02_02-en.pdf?fileId=db3a30432ad629a6012b144f6b0619db

Please find attached the simulations (LTspice), with the non-noisy, and the noisy switching.

Do you believe this is a simulator fault?

Attachments

• Two transistor forward_not noisy.asc
    15.4 KB · Views: 413
  • Two transistor forward_noisy.ASC
    15.4 KB · Views: 342
I'd like to run the sim, but my ancient laptop has a slow processor, limited memory and the hard drive is nearly full! The sim starts, but slows to an interminable crawl. Can you post a cut-down version with just the affected FET section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back