Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

satafinder

I have been trying for a week now to put a model of an lm386 into the program. The problem is i have no idea ( even after reading the threads, and how to instructions) what the hell I'm doing wrong! Copy what to where, .sub, .lib and whatever (crying now)! Please Please help me:eek:

Here is a model for LM386 embedded in a test circuit I downloaded from the LTSpice Yahoo group. Unzip it into a new directory, and try simulating it. It uses a default 8Pin DIP symbol instead of one specific to the audio amp.

Note the .INCLUDE statement. Right click on the DIP symbol, and see how the "Spice Model" attribute connects the DIP8 symbol with the spice model. Click on the Simulate button. You can probe various nodes.

Open the subdirectory where you unzipped the file. Click on the LM386test.net file. It should open in a new window inside LTSPICE. If not, just use NotePad to open it (it is just a text file).

Note this line:

"XU1 NC_01 N002 N004 0 N006 N005 NC_02 NC_03 LM386"

Note the eight pins, followed by the model name, LM386. That came from the symbol attribute.

Note the line: ".include LM386.mod". That migrates directly from the schematic page.

Attachments

• LM386try.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back