Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSPICE CIRCUIT SIMULATION FOR CALCULATION OF DELAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghayathri

As I was going through the forum about how to calculate delay in ltspice I came across this answer which said how to calculate delay for an inverter circuit. Could u please explain me how the spice directive commands work here and also what does {RE} refer to here.

Attachments

• Delay.JPG
    Delay.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 615
Welcome to ETO!
{RE} is a parameter (aka a variable) whose value is specified by the .param directive.
The LTspice 'Help' describes the .meas directive, which provides a measurement of a property under defined circumstances.

Its value is 1, so it is being used to tell LTS to measure the time of occurrence of the first rising edge of V(in).

I have used the same .meas statements to calculate the propagation delay of my xor circuit but the value is high(0.04s but we are supposed to get in ps . Iam attaching the asc file for reference

Attachments

• fig1a_XOR.asc
    4.3 KB · Views: 233
Why do you have VIN connected to P3 source and to V1?

Sorry about the mistake in connection. Now i have corrected it and VIN is connected only to source of P3 as input and not connected to V1. I have attached the file for reference. Thank you

Attachments

• fig1a_XOR.asc
    4.1 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back