Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTC4060 purpose using PNP transistor...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ylioily

Hi,
i don't understand wat exactly purpose and function using pnp transistor(FZT948) attach to ltc4060 here. Any1 can help me try to explain to me...@@"

thx~

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 523
Hi,
i don't understand wat exactly purpose and function using pnp transistor(FZT948) attach to ltc4060 here. Any1 can help me try to explain to me...@@"

thx~
If I am reading the data sheet correctly the pnp transistor limits the charge current in the fast charge mode by the value of the resistor from the program pin 7 to ground. In this case 1A.

Hi,

thx~
The PNP appears to be the only charge path for the battery. It is off-chip because it dissipates too much power to be on-chip (not to mention the problems with making a high-quality PNP on-chip with the process being used).

i have decide to using the ltc4060 purpose for as 'UPS', 4 AA-type battery of 800mA capacity. The charge current program as 800mA, 1C-rate. and charging terminate time will be around after 1.5hours due to losses. 8.7V Vin will be apply to operating the ltc4060. The problem is, isn't the part number MJD210 PNP transistor suitable for using here? The input source will be shift between 0V to 8.7V.

Help with a specific design for a 4060 charger.

I need a schematic for a 4060 battery charger using 4 AA batteries in series.. The charger should not put out more than 6.0 volts. It must always restart above 4.2 volts. This is an imbedded application. The draw from the application is 20 ma. The 4060 has the capability to use a thermistor. Would advise as to these advantages.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back