Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low voltage PICs and LVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I am about to program 18LF2520 PICs which are low voltage, has this anything to do with low voltage programming LVP?
Camerart

No! The LVP is a wondrous idea! You can use the same system voltage to program the device. However... Once a device is set to Low Voltage Programming.. RE3 is then unavailable as a IO pin...
Hi I,
"You can use the same system voltage to program the device." What does this mean?

I have a Pickit3 circuit that allows LVP, but from earlier posts, I think I can avoid it.

I would like to program the PICs using only the Pickit3 set to 3.3v, or am I getting programming voltages mixed up with PIC power voltages?
C.

Hi,
I've hit a buffer.
Just finished setting up the header file, config bits and FREQ, then couldn't save it. See attached?
C

Hi,
Attached
EDIT: Unable to post images.
I get a pop-up saying "Files newxc8_header.h was changed to read only! Can not save it."
Any ideas?

EDITx2: Done it!!
C

Last edited:
You are trying to save to a directory that you're not allowed to....

You need to download hoversnap.... This lets you snapshot parts of the screen...
Hi,
As mentioned, new computer! I use Irfanview, as hoversnap, I haven't updated all of the addons yet.
Cheers, C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back