Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low voltage actuation circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristoefar

8) Hi Guys
I am a complete novice but would like to build a few projects at present I am trying to build a circuit but require help.
Problem:

I have an initial voltage of 1.5 / 2 volts dc and would like to use this voltage to energize a relay that would carry 12vdc 20 amps. I have problems locating 1.5v/2v relays maybe someone could suggest another way of switching

Regards

Kristoefar

Kristoefar said:
8) Hi Guys
I am a complete novice but would like to build a few projects at present I am trying to build a circuit but require help.
Problem:

I have an initial voltage of 1.5 / 2 volts dc and would like to use this voltage to energize a relay that would carry 12vdc 20 amps. I have problems locating 1.5v/2v relays maybe someone could suggest another way of switching

Regards

Kristoefar

Perhaps you should post exactly what you are wanting to do, I've not seen relays for that low a voltage - but you could always wind one yourself. Not forgetting that the lower the voltage the higher the current.

As you obviously have a 12V supply, you could use a 12V relay, switched by a transistor fed from the 1.5V circuit - it all depends on what you are trying to do - please give more details.

Low voltage supply

Hi Nigel

I am trying to set up a circuit for school and it has bring on two 12volt 21watt lamps from a 1.5/2volt supply, and yes there is a 12volt supply but this cannot be used for the initial supply it must be the lower voltage, I dont have a clue could you please talk me through it, or show me how with a drawing and what componets I may require.

Regards

Kris

What nigel suggested should work

Attachments

• LowVoltagePowerRelay.JPG
    LowVoltagePowerRelay.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 396
Many years ago i've built a current relais for brake bulb fault indication.As i remember well, the 6mm diameter reed with six turns can pull if both lamps work (2*21W).

Attachments

• brakecont.GIF
    brakecont.GIF
    4.6 KB · Views: 404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back