Low voltage actuation circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristoefar

8) Hi Guys
I am a complete novice but would like to build a few projects at present I am trying to build a circuit but require help.
Problem:

I have an initial voltage of 1.5 / 2 volts dc and would like to use this voltage to energize a relay that would carry 12vdc 20 amps. I have problems locating 1.5v/2v relays maybe someone could suggest another way of switching

Regards

Kristoefar

Perhaps you should post exactly what you are wanting to do, I've not seen relays for that low a voltage - but you could always wind one yourself. Not forgetting that the lower the voltage the higher the current.

As you obviously have a 12V supply, you could use a 12V relay, switched by a transistor fed from the 1.5V circuit - it all depends on what you are trying to do - please give more details.

Low voltage supply

Hi Nigel

I am trying to set up a circuit for school and it has bring on two 12volt 21watt lamps from a 1.5/2volt supply, and yes there is a 12volt supply but this cannot be used for the initial supply it must be the lower voltage, I dont have a clue could you please talk me through it, or show me how with a drawing and what componets I may require.

Regards

Kris

What nigel suggested should work

Attachments

• LowVoltagePowerRelay.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 400
Many years ago i've built a current relais for brake bulb fault indication.As i remember well, the 6mm diameter reed with six turns can pull if both lamps work (2*21W).

Attachments

• brakecont.GIF
    4.6 KB · Views: 407
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…