Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power to control high power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking that 3055's were a bad choice to begin with. There's just alot of heat to deal with. I didn't realize that MOSFET's could be had so cheaply.

If I have MOSFET's all around in this circuit (attached), the middle set of transistors won't really need any current to speak of, will they? If fact, if the other four use digital-level signals on the gates, I could just use any puny old transistor in there, right?

BTW, Thanks for your time in answering my questions. People can be jerks, and you guys have been really cool.

Attachments

• H-bridge.gif
    H-bridge.gif
    10 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back