Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low power to control high power

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsm

I need to use a 5V, 40mA signal to activate a 25V, 10A H-bridge circuit. Is there some kind of high-power logic buffer out there for this kind of difference?

What signals does the H-bridge require?

Standard issue high/low driver IC. I use IR2110 IC's and they can drive 1200V 600 amp IGBT's using a 3.3 or higher logic level input.
Driving Mosfets or IGBT's to switch 25 volts at 10 amps would be no problem for them!

What signals does the H-bridge require?

My H-bridges use the 490 hertz PWM signal from an Arduino microcontroller.

I use IR2110 IC's and they can drive 1200V 600 amp IGBT's using a 3.3 or higher logic level input.

Thanks, Tech, I'll read up on that. A quick search hasn't given me a source yet, except Digikey.

The IR2113 is the higher voltage version. Most any high/low drivers should work though.

Logic level mosfets can easily accomplish this task

Which one would you recommend?

490Hz is audible, why not use below 40Hz or above 18000?

I think the PWM frequency can be altered on the Arduino. Good point! I hadn't thought of that!

Last edited:
I would go with birdmans idea first. the IR2110 are best suited to high gain transistors and voltage controlled devices like Mosfets and IGBT's.
Given the low cost of logic level Mosfets in the 60 volt 10 amp range they would be a far better choice.

Sorry, I edited my last post because I just got what birdman was saying. Been a really bad day. Bear with me...

Holy cow! They're less than a buck at Digikey! They're like ten bucks locally! Maybe I'm reading this wrong...

I would recomend one rated for >50V and > 20A might as well double your requirements :)
I can't do all the work for you find a part and we can have a look
You will need both N-channel and P-channel

Look up a H-brige mosfet circuit.
N-channel is tied to ground and P-channel to V+
N-channel should be pulsed with the PWM because they generally have a lower Rds

So you recommend replacing the 3055 H-bridges with MOSFET H-bridges?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back