Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Power Auto Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

I am looking for a schematic for a small amp (20 watt to 4-8 ohm) that I can add to a loudspeaker in my car. The ideal circuit will be co-mounted with the speaker, accept the radio output (originally going to the speaker) as the input, operate from 12 volts, and output designed to drive a speaker. In other words, I want to cut the wire that now goes to the speaker and insert this little amp.

I did a search and found an ideal unit but the IC (TDA1554) is no longer available.

Any ideas? Please don't suggest a 600 watt thing with some #8 wires hooked to the car battery - I just want a little boost.

Check this out: **broken link removed**
I hope you'll get it what you are looking for.

For some reason I am having trouble finding the Amp-on-a chip parts such as the TDAA1554 & TDA2005. I tried Jameco and Digikey with no results. Any suggestions?

You can use LM1875. Try this: **broken link removed**

You could try putting an extra speaker
in parallel.

Thanks to all. The ESP version looks simple and I have found the LM1875 ICs at Jameco. I will need to search for a power supply circuit that will use my car's 12 VDC and produce the +25, -25 volts required by the circuit but I'm ready to get going.

The plan is to beef-up the car's radio - but not with 1000 watts and giant speakers. Instead, I will be building a poor man's version of the current Bose car audio system. They are using single amps co-located with the speakers for some of their car audio - and they sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back