Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low pass filter design steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyPeter

Hi,
I'm have a Rf module interfaced with 8051 having frequency of 433Mhz and antenna of 50 ohms. It requires a Low pass filter ...pls list out the steps for designing a low pass filter.
I don't know whether an active or passive filter will suffice......
Thanks in advance.

This sounds like you require a low pass filter which is also a matching network for the antenna. Please provide more information if you can. Such as what are the requirements of your low pass filter. This will definitely be a passive filter!

in our country I think 433 is a free band

What is your country?
433Mhz may be allowed short range low power devices, but not a do as you like free for all!:(

As for designing a filter, have a look here.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2012/08/_lpf_pa.pdf
Lots of good information.
The article seems to concentrate on HF rather than UHF, you will be using small value components at 433Mhz.

JimB

If you need a LPF on a commercial RF module then it's likely a receiver. It limits the maximum signal into the micro which depends on the data you are trying to feed through the system. 2Kbits/sec is common with a 433MHz car alarm keyfob system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back