Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Noise Amplifier question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi17

I require a LNA and I don't know how to choose this part. My design has AD8354 as power amplifier in the transmit section and I need a LNA at the receive section. Which one to choose? there are so many of them.

thanks!

My design has AD8354 as power amplifier in the transmit section

4dBm ( ~ 2.2mW) is hardly a significant power level

what is your application ?

and I need a LNA at the receive section. Which one to choose? there are so many of them.

it would help to know what frequency you are interested in ?

again, what is your application?
what receive LNA figures are you hoping to attain ?

hi,

The frequency is actually variable, not yet fixed so to speak, but the range is 42MHz to 127MHz. As said before the application is radio.

As said before the application is radio.

actually you didn't, but I assumed that ;)

you didn't answer to what noise figure you are hoping/need to achieve
this again depends on your specific application, which you have yet to state

An ERA-3 has a NF of 2.7 dB @ 100 MHz

there are lots of MMIC's like that to choose from, pick one that has spec's that suit your requirements

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back