Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low cost logic analyzer, small in size, big in features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ikalogic.
I have an analyser in the post on it's way to me. In the meantime I have been playing with the software and the examples and I am very impressed with how many functions have been incorporated.

If you don't mind I would like to suggest one more ...

It is apparent that although the primary function of the analyser is to capture, display and decode data on each of the 4 lines individually it would be useful to be able to look across them at a specific time. Even though this is half of an 8 bit data bus, it would give an added capability.

What I had in mind was a readout of data under the cursor in the form of the binary nibble and decimal equivalent.

Can't wait for my hardware to arrive !

Best regards
Stewart

Thanks Stewart for those constructive comments!

It have been added to the todo list, but there may be some delays, next thing requested by users on the queue is LIN bus decoding!

Thanks a lot :)

Hello Electronics hobbyists!

You hate delivery costs, right?! Especially for a low cost Logic analyzer!

During this weekend, the delivery cost for your SCANALOGIC-2 PRO logic analyzer is offered! you just need to use the coupon code "SHIPFREE03" when buying the device from our online store: IKA MARKET - Ikalogic's online market place

To get more info about the SCANALOGIC-2 logic analyzer, take a look here:
**broken link removed**

Remember, this offer expires on Monday morning (07/02/2011) and is only valid for the SCANALOGIC-2 PRO product.

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Hi Ikalogic,
Have now been using my LA for a time and am very pleased with it.

I particularly like the trace decode which makes life much easier on the projects I am developing.

Might I suggest an improvement ?

When looking at a long data string it is a bit of a nuisance to have to zoom in and pan to check the data labels and see their values. It should be possible to display the byte values and their decode as the cursor is moved across them when in the un- zoomed state.

This display could be associated with the cursor or somewhere else on the screen.

Regards

Stewart

Hi Ikalogic,
Have now been using my LA for a time and am very pleased with it.

I particularly like the trace decode which makes life much easier on the projects I am developing.

Might I suggest an improvement ?

When looking at a long data string it is a bit of a nuisance to have to zoom in and pan to check the data labels and see their values. It should be possible to display the byte values and their decode as the cursor is moved across them when in the un- zoomed state.

This display could be associated with the cursor or somewhere else on the screen.

Regards

Stewart

Great idea! I am noting it :) will work on it soon!

Hey guys,

Just informing you that i added LIN1.x LIN2.x bus decoding feature.

Now you can look at the commands controlling the electric windows of your car!

To make sure you have the latest feature, you can download latest version of the software here:
**broken link removed**

If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to post it!

Last edited:
SCANALOGIC-2 just got new Manchester protocol decoding feature! (It's mainly used in wireless transmissions like IR remote controls). This decoder will be the core for a series of other updates to add the support for some IR remote control protocols like Philips RC-5 and Philips RC-6.

If you think of a protocol you would like to see in SCANALOGIC-2, please let us know, we will be happy to work on it!

Attachments

• correct_dec.png
    correct_dec.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 427
The new version 2.8 is out there with many new feature! While still at the same price of 59€, SCANALOGIC-2 enters the Automobile industry by adding CAN bus decoder feature!

The CAN bus and LIN bus decoders allow users to interface the SCANALOGIC-2 to cars and motorcycles, and “listen” to the communication buses. The new version of Scanalogic-2 even allows you to decode both CAN and LIN protocols at the same time!
**broken link removed**
Both decoders can detect and analyze all kind of buses errors like CRC errors and acknowledge errors, enabling the user to debug automobile applications even faster!

The users who already have the SCANALOGIC-2 only need to update their software for free to benefit from all those new additions!
**broken link removed**

For more info: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Does the software work correctly on Windows 7 64 bit. Downloaded it and it runs, but without having the tool not sure if it is 100%.

@bryan, The tool was developed and tested on a win7 x64 machine :) so yes, it work perfectly on windows 7 64 bits.

Please don't hesitate if you have any other questions.

[EDIT] we have a distributor in Canada : **broken link removed**

[EDIT 2] the comparison table in solarbotic is quite discriminative and outdated.. i've contacted them many time to correct it but nothing happens.

For instance, they show SALEAE as having more decoders than SCANALOGIC, wrong: we have CAN decoder too, and even LIN decoder!
They say you have to press "Decode to have data display onscreen", wrong! it's as automatic as in Saleae Logic
They say we support only WIN32, that's wrong, we support win32 and win64

:)

Last edited:
Thanks, looks like it would be a great tool for the toolbox. Price is not bad either. Think I will go for it.

p.s. Does it have any overload or safety protection built in to protect it from user error?

Thanks, looks like it would be a great tool for the toolbox. Price is not bad either. Think I will go for it.

p.s. Does it have any overload or safety protection built in to protect it from user error?

Well, it has buffer ICs on the input and the output directions, so worst case condition, buffers need to be changed, but the main circuit is protected. :)

Dear ETO Members!

For the Rest of the month of september, we are offering 10% reduction on all our **broken link removed**!
Just use the voucher code: ETOWEB10 in your **broken link removed**, and you get the 10% reduction!

SCANALOGIC-2 remains one of the most competitive 4 channels Logic Analyzers around, with many features being added regularly.

Offer expires on the 30th of September 2011, don't miss your chance!
**broken link removed**

New ScanaStudio software

Hi guys,

Just want to tell you that we released a totally new software called ScanaStudio:
**broken link removed**
You can download it for free and try it.

* If you own a Scanalogic-2, we urge you to switch to this new software as it's much more fluid, has many new features, and is much more user friendly.

I am leaving you with those screen-shots...

Oh and we also have a new website, and new knowledge base you might be interested in..

Hi guys,

Just want to tell you that we released a totally new software called ScanaStudio:
**broken link removed**
You can download it for free and try it.

* If you own a Scanalogic-2, we urge you to switch to this new software as it's much more fluid, has many new features, and is much more user friendly.

I am leaving you with those screen-shots...

Oh and we also have a new website, and new knowledge base you might be interested in..

Is the protocol for this device available so that other drivers/software for alternative platforms may be written?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back