Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low amplification

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be the voice coil on the old one is badly oxidized or restricted in it's movement. just an idea.
Possibility is there, but I'd say less. I've dealt with a lots of old solid state sets with no problem at least for the speaker part.

Old transistor radio speakers are actually very durable..:)

I appreciate the advice and will talk all of it into consideration when I troubleshoot it. I'm trying to restore the unit purely for the sake of learning older electronic circuits better. So much has been intergrated into chips you forget some of the old school methods of fixing things. I'm refreshing myself on IF frequencys, detector circuits, etc.

probably true, but i figured it'd be the easiest thing to test.. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back