Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looling for a power relay source

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT

I have an O.E.M. power relay on a pool controler that has a peculiar pig tail lead configuratron on the 24v dc coil. It is rated @:

20A at 120/240/277 vac
10A 480/600 vac
3/4 HP at 120 vac
2 HP at 240 vac

It is a Midtex 187-26C2L1 With "1/4 lugs (plug-in?) NO DPST.

I had ants crawl iinto some of them and I'm sure it helped cause a lot of the burning of the contacts. The O.E.M. changed it's policy and won't sell to me anymore and wants me to go through a local pool dealer($$$) now. I did find a similar Midtex 187 type for over $100. Since I will be needing several of them ,and 'm willing to modify a relay, It's worth trying to find a cheaper relay that can handle the load. Any sources in the Napa CA area? Or anywhere?
Here's a link to the MIdtex Type 187.

http://www.ciitech.com/doc_generator.asp?doc_id=1536

Thanks,
Paul

Look at the NTE R55-11D20-24F or the **broken link removed**. These are both DPDT but with suitable specs otherwise. It should be a simple matter to use the NO and C terminals, and the NC terminals could be cut off if necessary.

Mouser stocks both of these units... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back