looking for resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

i normally get my electronic parts at digikey. they dont have what im looking for this time. looking for a 1kohm 100 watt non-inductive resistor in the "ceramic wirewound" "style"(like in the picture). anyone know of a vendor that is reasonably priced?

looking for a 1kohm 100 watt non-inductive resistor

(My emphasis).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a wire wound resistor, by it's very nature, inductive? I've always thought that to be the case.

If it is wire wound, it is inductive.

Last edited:
Maybe what lokeycmos means is that he wants a non-inductive 100W resistor that looks like a ceramic wirewound resistor, not that it IS a ceramic wirewound resistor?!

Is that what you're saying, lokeycmos?

If that's the case, check back at post #3.

If it's not, then what do you mean?

And I have no idea what "reasonably" priced is for you.

The non inductive wire wound resistor I have are not wound like normal resistors. They use a pattern in the wire where the fields cancer out.

Well, I'll have to say I didn't actually try to get a free sample out of them. They sure enough had that offer on the site, though.

In the past I know that some sites I went to (generally the manufacturer's) made the same offer and I took them up on it. And they have made good on their claim. Now to be sure, I only asked them for one.

Maybe these guys lie. Maybe not. I just thought that "free" might meet the OP's original desire that the resistor(s) be "reasonably" priced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…