Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for a 1kohm 100 watt non-inductive resistor

(My emphasis).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a wire wound resistor, by it's very nature, inductive? I've always thought that to be the case.

i normally get my electronic parts at digikey. they dont have what im looking for this time. looking for a 1kohm 100 watt non-inductive resistor in the "ceramic wirewound" "style"(like in the picture). anyone know of a vendor that is reasonably priced?

If it is wire wound, it is inductive.

Last edited:
Maybe what lokeycmos means is that he wants a non-inductive 100W resistor that looks like a ceramic wirewound resistor, not that it IS a ceramic wirewound resistor?!

Is that what you're saying, lokeycmos?

If that's the case, check back at post #3.

If it's not, then what do you mean?

And I have no idea what "reasonably" priced is for you.

Nice catch and I guess we wait for the return of lokeycmos. :)

Ron

The non inductive wire wound resistor I have are not wound like normal resistors. They use a pattern in the wire where the fields cancer out.

Try these guys for non-inductive power resistors. They'll send a free sample (if you know how to play that game)....................
i.e Lie. :rolleyes:

Well, I'll have to say I didn't actually try to get a free sample out of them. They sure enough had that offer on the site, though.

In the past I know that some sites I went to (generally the manufacturer's) made the same offer and I took them up on it. And they have made good on their claim. Now to be sure, I only asked them for one.

Maybe these guys lie. Maybe not. I just thought that "free" might meet the OP's original desire that the resistor(s) be "reasonably" priced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back