Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Real Time Clock Pic board to schedule events

Status
Not open for further replies.

crocu

Hello,

I'm beginner and i need to built a Pic based board with real time clock.

The goal is to set into the code a some dates and time and when those occurs PIC will send out a frame on its USART or set one of its output to "1" level.

I'm not able to write the code myself, this is why i'm a existing a project that i would modify to suit my need.

Do you know where i should find this kind of example written in Microchip C18 ?

Many thanks for your help,

No, it is not a school homework ! :rolleyes:

I'm too old for that ... ( i'm 33 ) ;)

This is a project for myself and i will accept any help with any RTC chip ...

I tried google but i did not found any project written in C18 for Pic Microchip that suit my need .

Your help will be much appreciated.

Don't some PIC have RTC's built in? Especially in the 18 series? What exact model of PIC are you using?

well, i don't care about PIC series to be used.

But i like 18F452 ou 18F2620 or 18F4620

Many thanks for your help,

I just rean an announcment that PIC has released a PIC with a built in RTC, capacitive sensor, and LCD drive. It may not be in production yet.

Which clock chip do you want to use ?

How can you expect a pointer to code without specifing the clock chip. There are a few types out there. If you do not care that is also a good answer.

On thing that gets my goat is people who want help but are too whatever to answer simple questions.
3v0

Well, i don't have any prefer.

SPI RTC chip such as PCF2123 would be fine

or maybe a DS1307 ?

Last edited:
You can emulate a RTC with any microcontroller. My Dragonfly kit is a 6 digit PIC clock and has a 32768hz crystal osc plus it can support the 18F2525.

If this is not school work then what are you going to learn by having someone else write the code for you? If this isn't for learning why don't use a PDA or a date book like most people? What is the output trigger supposed to do?

It should trigger a IR module that receives a the command over USART serial interface.

I would like that the RTC board sends a serial command to my external board at a specific date and time .

You do not know what processor or clock chip you want to use. So far you have only hinted at the end use. What about that would cause anyone to be interested enough to spend time doing this for you.

Some of us are willing to help people who help themselves. I, and others, have written code and done some PCB work for posters. But these were cases where the people were activly working on the project. You have not even started.

It still sounds like school to me. 33 is not too old to be in school :)

Maybe you are thinking we are not exactly helpful. If you want to learn we are will to help. Some of the people helping here started out from the ground floor. It takes work but can be done if you want it to happen.

As suggested by Bill. If you do not want to do the work you should pay to have it done.

3v0

Hello

I've found an example here : **broken link removed**

but for now, i need to add alarm function to this code but i'm not able to do it myself .

Would you please tell what i should add to set an event and light a led when event date and time occurs ?

I will really appreciate your help,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back