Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Pin Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey everyone i have no idea where to find pin headers that are male like in the image below:

**broken link removed**

I need the Housing (Black Part) and the Pins (Gold,Tin,Brass) i dont care what its made of just need it heh

Mouser has parts like this:
1-104505-3 Tyco Electronics / AMP Headers & Wire Housings

But then where is the housing? I get so lost. Can someone can please help me find the housing and pin pair.

Thanks...

Going to make a nice order:
order-jpg.51546

THANKS!

EDIT: Changed first 2 items to 2x QTY

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
yeah thanks dude! I just made a order came out to $104 heh..

I even ordered the crimper. It was like $30 which i find cheap priced so might as well get it. I ordered a bunch of female and male pins and then a bunch of Single and 5 Pin housings. And some other stuff to play with.

Thanks again!

yeah thanks dude! I just made a order came out to $104 heh..

I even ordered the crimper. It was like $30 which i find cheap priced so might as well get it. I ordered a bunch of female and male pins and then a bunch of Single and 5 Pin housings. And some other stuff to play with.

Thanks again!

Looking at your order, what you don't use for hobby applications you can pass along to your grandchildren. :)

Seriously, I should order some including the crimp tool. I have hundreds of pins I keep soldering to wires then heat shrink. Damn pain considering. :)

Ron

hey Ron, heh yeah i might have over stocked but i bet ill be happy i did heh. i also do small non hobby projects for friends and associates so having stock is always good idea. im planning on making my work room card entry only, so my kids cant get in and hurt themselves. might also get another reader for the front door. i want to setup a custom security system where the code is entering the card and special keycode which is stored on card in various adresses split up heh.. so even if i lose card im safe because they would have to know what bytes are the actual code :)

Anyway, their prices are awesome i suggest u get some also ...

if there are any typos its because im on a ipod so hard to write heh

The crimper looks similar but not identical to the one I have. It works as well it is worth every cent. It can take a bit to get it down. I put the crimp into the female side of the jaw and close the ratchet a click or two to hold the crimp in place. Insert the wire and squeeze.

My tool's jaws are labeled 10-22 and 24-30.

A chat with another member convinced me to order it and I have not looked back.

thanks for the tip. should save me some time heh.. i tend to screw up a couple time but then get the hang of it. i ordered all this for 2 day ups so it will be here latest saturday heh

i also ordered from parallax ... check out my blog for details ... its a propeller board looks pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back