Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for LCD Screen Circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGS3

Hi! So, me and my professor are trying to get an LCD screen he had lying around to interface with Arduino, and I can't seem to find a circuit for it anywhere. I was hoping you guys could help. The only information we have about the circuit is the label it came with, which says: LK 204-25-WB-C74. After looking that up, I found: **broken link removed** , so I'm assuming thats the LCD screen I am working with. So, does anybody know a circuit which can interface correctly with Arduino? Thanks in advance!!

If i'm reading this correctly, this LCD is capable of responding to RS232, I2C and a load of other stuff.

A quick search on the internet reveals the following datasheet.
https://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LK_series/LK204-25/LK204-25.pdf

Not knowing your level of experience with talking to remote devices I think learning to talk to the LCD via RS232 and looking for rs232 circuits would be a good starting point.

Mark

Last edited:
THat LCD module uses I2C, so you just connect the two I2C lines between the Arduino and the LCD together (don't forget the pull-up resistors required by the I2C protocal).

It also seems to have RS-232 in which case you just connect the UART lines on the Arduino with the RS-232 lines on the LCD module (RS-232 is really UART that has a higher voltage level for noise immunity. But the LCD module probably doesn't have this higher voltage so you shouldn't need a RS232 driver IC circuit and can probably just connect them directly. You should check first though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back