Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8vette84

Hello everyone I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I'm not good with very small electronics so I figured someone has to know. I have attached pictures of a Lenox "Christmas village" piece that has lights, a small water pump and a small motor that spins. The pump and motor work, the lights do not. The circuit board seems simple enough but I have no idea where to start. Is there a piece on that board that is common to fail? I just have no idea what I'm looking at other than the resistors. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

IMG_4155_zpsdoslsevo.jpg

IMG_4157_zpsafuw2ogq.jpg

Hello everyone I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I'm not good with very small electronics so I figured someone has to know. I have attached pictures of a Lenox "Christmas village" piece that has lights, a small water pump and a small motor that spins. The pump and motor work, the lights do not. The circuit board seems simple enough but I have no idea where to start. Is there a piece on that board that is common to fail? I just have no idea what I'm looking at other than the resistors. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Hi v8vette84,

As you say it is a simple circuit but we need more information in order to help you:

(1) Can you trace out the schematic and post it on ETO (number each component and show the component numbers on the circuit and on a flat picture of the top and of the circuit board)
(2) Can you take a flat picture of the botton of the circuit board so we can easily see the copper traces?
(4) What is the input voltage (110V AC, 230V AC) ?
(5) where do the lights connect?
(6) what type of lights are they and how many?
(7) Where does the motor connect?

you need a DVM so you can see whats connected to what.
But I bet its a dry joint or wire connection.
I was going to say I bet its a cap dropper circuit...but I cant see the series capacitor.
Whats the tall component got written on it?.....the 4pin doobrey looks like a diode bridge.....I mean, take each off and test it with a diode meter and a resistance meter if you want........go across the r's and see if they've gone open, etc

I cant see the pics, however check for blowqn tracks on the board, resolder its joints and check any wires.
If they are leds or bulbs daisy chained on a pcb measure each one, if one is a lot higher in voltage than the rest its probably dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back