Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for electronic parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE_sPaCeCoWbOy

I'm looking for a place thats sells electronic componets in a grab bad deal...like you purchase this bag of componets you get what you get....

anyone know of a place like that?

space

I think jameco does that

Dan's Small Parts had collections of parts as I recall. A low cost alternative to "grab bag", for some things, might be to carfully review some projects, chat with others, etc, to see what common or general purpose components might be used. In my hobby (ham radio) a lot of projects use things like 2N2222, 2N3904, LM317, 741, etc (transistors, voltage regulator, op amp and so on) which are low in cost from Jameco and other places. You may also see that some common values of resistors and capacitors pop up. The point is that for some things, you might be better off buying a handful of commonly used parts of known values. Don't get me wrong, there's a use for grab bag stuff at times too.

Try ebay, there are tons of people selling all kinds of parts, most dont even know what they are selling.

Instead of grab bags, I would recomend component kits. Grab bags are what they put all the leftovers into, and you might get lots of unpopular values. With component kits you get a variety of components selected based on how often you're likely to need it and at a decent price. Jameco has plenty of such kits, I'd recomend getting resistor one for sure, maybe for capacitors as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back