Looking for advice on buying new PAL/GAL Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

asym51

I'm interested in using some surplus PALs/GALs I have. So, I'm looking for a programmer that can handle a variety of PAL/GAL/CPLD devices.

I'd want one that has a USB interface and works with Windows 10.

I'd welcome all suggestions.

I answered this on AAC..

The TL886 II handles these, and works on Win10

I've heard conflicting information on that programmer ... can it program the PALCE22V10H-15 PC/4 ......... I've got hundreds of them.

It lists ATF22v10 and the protocol is backwards compatible.. ATMEL do 22v10 A/B/C etc..

There is a list here **broken link removed** Lattice and ATMEL feature..

Thanks everyone for advice. I've got several DIPS that are easier for me to use.

Is it true that in general, if a programmer does a GALxxXxx series, it'll also handle the PALCE chip with the similar P/N ?

I have a bunch of National Semiconductor PALCE29MA16H-25 and Lattice PALCE22V10H-15 that I hope to use. I didn't see any parts with a number like PALCE29MA16H on the TL866II list at **broken link removed** ... hoping this will program it.

Just be warned... The winCPLD works fine.. BUT!! save often because at the beginning when you are learning, its unforgiving.. I lost a couple of hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…