Looking for a part designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoC

Hi all.

Many years ago I came across an article that showed how to improve the reliability of those ~10$ power bars, the with 5-6 3 prong 120V outlet used by many to power their pc setup. The article was about a voltage surge and spike spike suppressor or attenuator if I remember well.

As I recall, it was a simple mater of soldering 3 discrete parts across the 3 wires taken 2 by 2. (see joined drawing)

These parts were disc capacitors looking, about the size of a 5 cents coin maybe a bit thicker.

These were no capacitors though and I don't recall what they were called in the article nor do I recall their specifications although they were the same for the 3 of them.

Would anyone have a clue of what these parts could be and their specifications for the proposed usage?

Thanks for any feedback

Hugo

Attachments

• Circ1.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 143
Yep! Mov. That sounds a bell and the image of it presented in the link is what I had in mind. Any idea of an adequate rating for the project?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Hugo

I suggest to have a look at those.
**broken link removed**

V07E130, V10E130 could be a nice choice depending your requirement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…