Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a eagle part

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

hi all, im looking for a led package on eagle and cant find anything :(

**broken link removed**

if anyone could help that would be great :)

In the LED lib there is a package for PL-CC-6_TOPLED. At first I did not like the pad size for the center two connectors but I used the PLCC-2 LEDs and the footprint for the pads were very large. Maybe heat sinks. Give it a look I think it may be what you need.

Anyway it is not all that difficult to make your own packages, symbols and devices. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

I'm pretty routined creating Eagle devices (including the package with an accuracy of ±1/100mm).

I made an SOT-227 package for another forum member lately within almost no time, so why not make a package for you?

Just pass me the datasheet and your email address. You'll find my email address in your PM inbox.

Regards

Boncuk

Just let him do it himself. It's an easy part. Follow any of the tutorials. Or edit one of the parts 3v0 mentioned.

Last edited:
Just let him do it himself. It's an easy part. Follow any of the tutorials. Or edit one of the parts 3v0 mentioned.

Why so cruel?

Making a package using the newer Eagle versions is a real PITA! :(

I'm using version 3.55 and that one lets me scroll to any coodinate.

Using 4.16 and later you have to zoom out, select the part you want to extend, zoom in again and continue drawing - most probably several times.

If you want to move a group (normally necessary to center a package on 0/0 coordinates you have to deal with the silly question: "Move group?" - What else would I want to move?

Newer Eagle versions have no advantage over the older ones, exept for CadSoft's sales. :mad:

Many good functions of the old versions were replaced by crap. The only advantage I discovered so far is setting junction dots automatically where nets join. I do it manually and it takes little time only.

Creating a package like the SOT-227 takes several hours using a new Eagle version. Using my (professional) version 3.55 the package was finished within 30 minutes. :)

I started out with Eagle 1.6 about 25 years ago and I must say version 3.55 is the best CadSoft has brought about.

Take a look at the package and estimate how much time you'd have to invest to get it done.

Boncuk

Attachments

• SOT-227B..gif
    SOT-227B..gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 498
  • SOT-227L..gif
    SOT-227L..gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 383
Why so cruel?

I really have no idea what you are talking about. It's not hard to make a part with 6 SMD pads with known dimensions. Then you start going on about Eagle versions. Are you drinking or something?

Your premise is that he should not learn how to make a part in Eagle at all and he should just go to you to do it all the time, because it's going to take him hours to make anything is just beyond silly. It's a simple part, easy to learn how to make a custom part with, just let him do it.

Are you drinking or something?

As you have no possibility for comparison you shall not argue about matters which you don't know about.

I hope you take back the "drinking". :mad:

And yes, I drink a lot - 2l of milk daily!

My premise is to help quickly instead of "ordering" people what they have to do. :(

Last edited:
2 more scents here, if you help me do something using your experience, I'll learn from it and gain knowledge a lot quicker than stumbling around in the dark by myself. I may even fall down and give up if left in the dark.
Kinarfi

As you have no possibility for comparison you shall not argue about matters which you don't know about.

I hope you take back the "drinking". :mad:

And yes, I drink a lot - 2l of milk daily!

My premise is to help quickly instead of "ordering" people what they have to do. :(

No need to be too serious or defensive. It was not made as an insult or to be taken seriously. Obviously you are not drinking.

Like Kinarfi says, doing a simple task like this for somebody is not helping them. This part can be made in a few minutes by anyone with just the basics in making parts and is a good starting point for any of the tutorials. It's an easy win and gives a good knowledge base for more complicated parts later on.

Telling the OP that it's too hard to make a part so he shouldn't even try is frankly insulting for a basic part like this one.

Last edited:
"Like Kinarfi says, doing a simple task like this for somebody is not helping them. This part can be made in a few minutes by anyone with just the basics in making parts and is a good starting point for any of the tutorials. It's an easy win and gives a good knowledge base for more complicated parts later on."
That's not what I meant / said, What I meant was do it for him and show him how you did it, then he can do the next one by himself.
With that in mind, go to https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/spice-model.104145/#post849999
Please,
Thanks,
kinarfi

I haven't looked at the new help file since I updated but I remember before, it being very vague. So I pass this out all the time. It is by no means a literary master piece but conveys the point. Also it covers custom parts pretty good.

Attachments

• Making-Gerbers.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 223
That's not what I meant / said, What I meant was do it for him and show him how you did it, then he can do the next one by himself.
With that in mind, go to https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/spice-model.104145/#post849999
Please,
Thanks,
kinarfi

That's what tutorials are for. There is no need for another tutorial on Eagle part making. Anyway, I already PM'ed him an offer for a walkthrough, but over remote desktop.

How to make a custom library part in Eagle CAD tool
**broken link removed**
Creating Custom Parts in EAGLE: Symbols
YouTube - Creating your own parts for a library in EAGLE

10 posts ago I found the package and told the user where to find it. I did not take the time to figure out which device it was associated with. But I expect it the package is there the device must be too.

Last edited:
thanks all for your replys and i hope not to have caused to much controversy ;)

to be honest though im pretty much totally new to it all and struggling to use it and navigate so i think that making my own one might be a step to far at this point

i appreciate the offers of help and take the advice on board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back