Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 24v tv lift motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Colmer

Hello,
I am looking for a replacement motor for my TV lift. The screw shaft snapped leaving an expensive cabinet unusable.

It is a 24v 3000 rpm worm drive type motor. It looks to have a rev counter on one end. A friend said the worm drive has only one plane to it.
Landmark Theater lift
Part number: 5540 - 02202- 02
Serial number: 20080 1180725
SKU - C85007
Manufactured 6-20-20

I searched the part number and found what I think is the Chinese manufacture, but they sell lots of 1,000. They have not responded to my e-mails.
So far e-bay has not had anything. Any help provided finding a source for this motor would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Colmer

Perhaps you could get the shaft repaired by a local engineering company?

Thanks for the idea. The motor shaft snapped off. I guess I could get it repaired recreated but wouldn't the cost be high? I would also have no idea how to put it back in the motor.

Hy Scott, perhaps post some pictures of the setup and the broken shaft. As far as a 24V replacement motor is concerned that should not be a problem from the electrical side, but we would need to know about the mechanics.

spec

Manufactured 6-20-20
You might have to wait until 6-20-20 comes around or rev up your time machine to get a replacement. :rolleyes:

24 Volts truck starter motor, but has probably too much torque and gets the TV airborne. Sorry for my silly comment, but I had to laugh reading about a motor controlled TV lifting device. Never knew they existed.

24 Volts truck starter motor, but has probably too much torque and gets the TV airborne. Sorry for my silly comment, but I had to laugh reading about a motor controlled TV lifting device. Never knew they existed.
Only in the most upmarket homes- mine is the missus.:D

spec

What a terrible design- designed to fail.

It seems unlikely that you would be able to get another suitable motor with the exact screw drive, without buying the same part again.

My first though is that a simple sleeve held in place by radial screws and adhesive would couple the two shafts back together, but that depends on there being enough room for the sleeve on the main housing.

Someone with a lathe, ideally a hobbyist model maker, would be able to design and make you a custom sleeve quite easily and cheaply.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back