Looking for 34 or 36 gauge wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Red

Does anyone know where I can find 34 or 36 gauge wire with a coating that can be stripped off with the heat of a soldering iron?
I've tried to use magnet wire but the coating is just too strong for a soldering iron to take off.

Uhhh... man, all you need to take off enamel is a knife and some time, or just a wire stripper that does fine wire.

Do you want to strip the entire thing, or just small areas ?

Because if you wanted a completely bare wire, just get a cheapy transformer, and unwind the secondary coils, though these may be a bit too fine (Like 40+ ga) in some models.

I'm actually looking to strip off small areas. I use a razor blade now but something I could use an iron to strip would be so much easier.

Well I guess it would be possible, but you do realize how hard that would be right ? Okay the enamel / insulation is placed on the wire as a liquid at high temps, then dried and hardened, so if you melt it, it'll just turn to a liquid, if you plan on using it for single wires that's fine, but if you're using it on braided wire, it won't work at all, since the material will just turn to a liquid and still be on the core of the braid.

I think it'd be easier just to find non-insulated wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…