Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Look for car immobilizer circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polkie

Polkie Here...

Looking for any circuits, schematics of car immobilizers to build up and play around with, anyone got any ideas where to find such circuits. Oh and any schematics/diagrams of car ignition switches????

:shock: Shot ppl......

Yeah, these are extremely illegal, used only by police because if one of these got into the hands of a criminal, they could use them in carjackings to take down a vehicle with armor plating and such.

So I don't think anyone will give you a schematic for one of these.

If they're used by cops then they are used by criminals...
I'm sure it would be ok to design it... just don't build it...

This link should shed some light on the topic. **broken link removed**

There is a much more detailed thread somewhere on the Straight Dope site which debunks many extravagant claims that have made it into the popular media, but I just can't find it now.

Perhaps you want to immobilize your own car to prevent theft.

Hide a switch that grounds the wire from the distributor to the coil.

Mosfet said:
Perhaps you want to immobilize your own car to prevent theft.

Hide a switch that grounds the wire from the distributor to the coil.
If you're going to do that you should also throw in a pepper spray device that sprays when you try to turn the engine over without flipping the distributor coil switch... you could also throw in a stun gun... I know a guy that has his car setup to shock you when you try to open the door without turning off his security system... not sure how that works though... since I think the tires wouldn't make that circuit work...
I think in some states active security systems are illegal though...

I have the loud music problem near me in the summertime. I've been thinking about using a magnetron and waveguide to direct a little microwave energy at the cars. Any feedback on this idea?

I've been thinking about using a magnetron and waveguide to direct a little microwave energy at the cars.

I know how annoying w??kers who play their music at 5000dB can get, but don't you think that cooking them is a little extreme?

I know how annoying w??kers who play their music at 5000dB can get, but don't you think that cooking them is a little extreme?

Yeah, it is too extreme, besides, a baseball bat, retractable baton, crowbar, axe, glock .45, or in some cases a frag grenade let you work on anger management issues. Now if only I could find a retractable sword that goes from 5" to 3' then I'll be happy.

I'll bet it would work just fine on that camera problem. Actually 'cooking' them probably wouldn't happen, although they would most likely get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I'm pretty sure the majority of the effect would happen to the cars electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back