Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic Level N-channel MOSFET question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the gate resistor to 10K. There is no difference in output voltage going from 470 to 10K as far as I can see. As I reduce the numbers of fans, my voltage raise from 9.3v to 12.49v. At 12.49v the only load is a LED and a resistor before the led.

3.19v of voltage drop for loading a Logic level gate power Mosfet!!

Problem solved.
Found an old piece of print and soldered the transistor part directly. Seems the voltage problem was related to my breadboard or maybe the thin wires. Now I got 11.5v, when all load is on.

Last edited:
Since I am new to this, I have to ask what high frequencies are suppose to be. I mean, will 200khz be considered high frequency?, or when should I begin to see issues regarding high frequencies?

I hope to get frequencies in the MHz area, at a later time, when not using the 556 timer anymore, and if the breadboard is insufficient for even a couple of hundreds kHz, I can already see other problems. Just to know when I need to start solder everything to prints.

I worked with audio circuits for my entire career. In the beginning I tried a breadboard but it caused so many problems (oscillation, mains hum pickup and more) that I stopped using it and carefully layed-out and soldered all prototype circuits on stripboard. Then all my designs worked perfectly and many prototype projects looked good enough to be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back