Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

log splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bird dog

I am making a log splitter with palm buttons. It will have a end switch and auto return as long the palm button is pushed in. Would anyone have some type of a drawing that may be helpful? It will 120 sol. 24 volt ac control voltage. Thanks

You might want to consider having two buttons to ensure the operator has hands out of the way. Unless you're using it yourself.
I have one which needs two levers pushed together. It's just about possible to do it with one hand though

I am using 2 buttons not sure how to get auto return to work right I guess I am looking for some type of print if someone has did something like this

Last edited:
You might want to consider having two buttons to ensure the operator has hands out of the way. Unless you're using it yourself.
I have one which needs two levers pushed together. It's just about possible to do it with one hand though

Unless you locate them apart enough to need both hands. Am I right?

It will 120 sol. 24 volt ac control voltage.
Here we use hydraulics not electricity.
What "piston" or ram are you using?
Will you have two end switches?
Going forward = palm switch closed?
Going backwards = go to limit switch?
How much current?
More information!

I've ran one of those mini electric over hydraulic splitters many times. Initially it had to have one hand holding the motor run button in while the other pushed the lever to operate the ram. Most dangerous piece of safety based garbage I ever worked with. :mad:

Being both hands are tied up running the machine you have no free hand to keep a log in place while starting a split or to shield yourself from one fracturing and popping out at you which is what happened to me three times while splitting old stumps and trunk crotches with it.

After the third one caught me the momentary power button for the motor got replaced with a normal on/off switch so it stayed on all the time. Split many a log with it after that and never had one pop out that I didn't have control over with the free hand.

Impressive little splitter after that for being maybe 6 - 8 ton peak and 120 volt powered. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back