Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Location of pin #1 of NE555P chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your schematic does not show a power supply voltage and does not show the speaker impedance. Then we cannot calculate if the 555 is overloaded and will blow up.

No, I get it. There is no loudspeaker, instead it is a DC piezo beeper. The 555 does not oscillate and is not a timer, instead it is a simple little transistor.

Your schematic does not show a power supply voltage and does not show the speaker impedance. Then we cannot calculate if the 555 is overloaded and will blow up.

No, I get it. There is no loudspeaker, instead it is a DC piezo beeper. The 555 does not oscillate and is not a timer, instead it is a simple little transistor.
I updated my post to show the updated schematic showing Vcc and Piezo Speaker info.

The simple circuit does not need a 555 IC that uses battery power all the time even when it is reset. An ordinary little transistor can be used to turn the beeper on and when it turns off the beeper then uses no battery power.

Texas Instrument data sheets says it's a timer.

• These devices are precision timing circuits capable of
producing accurate time delays or oscillation.

Your circuit uses the 555 IC as a simple on-off transistor, not as a timer and not as an oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back