Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

location finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaddy

Hi, I'm looking for a way to detect the location (in 3D) of an object with reference to another object. I'm looking for a solution that will be very cheap with reference to the receiver. The transmitter may be expensive, but the receiver must be cheap because I will need to have many (hundreds) of receivers and one main transmitter... Also this must be utilized over long distances. Can anyone help me out on a good medium? I can use 3 different transmitters to triangulate the location of the object. Thanks

but...

true... but that is too expensive for what i'm looking for... i need this to only work in a radius of about 1km... operation from a central source, can i say put up three antennas with waveguides so that they can transmit relative angles and the receiver can calculate the exact location from transmitted information???

Hi shaddy,

1 In order to locate a receiver in 3D you need at least 2 transmitters and preferably 3.
2 The receivers need to talk back to the transmitter location (or some other site) to report the time of clock signals reception from the transmitter.
3 Each transmitter and receiver must have a seperate ID code.
4 The transmitters must be synchronized to an extremely accurate time base.
5 GPS works worldwide within a tolerance of about 3 meters (depending on your equipment, location,etc.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back