Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading .HEX file

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to provide more information... Normally you load the HEX with a PIC programmer and its associated software, or if you use a bootloader (which is what I assume you meant by "PIC loader") you do it with whatever hardware connection it was designed for (like serial or USB) and its associated software.

Did your PIC chip come pre-loaded with a loader? Did you get pic chip(s) with this disk?

EDIT: Also which loader and is it serial or parallel?

Re:

We used NOPPP form bobblick.com... I used MPASM as my assembler. When I assemled it there was no error. I loaded it using MPASM and LOAding was a success but there's an option VERIFY. There was an error on verifying the PIC.

paparts said:
I loaded it using MPASM and LOAding was a success but there's an option VERIFY. There was an error on verifying the PIC.

MPASM is a compiler, you could not possibly have used it to program the PIC. Perhaps you meant MPLAB, though I wasn't aware MPLAB supported third-party DIY programmers like the NOPPP...

Either way, if your PIC "programmed successfully" but failed to verify, unless it was code-protected (in which case verification is impossible) that probably means it didn't program successfully after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back