Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM383 Amp [help]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TDA2005 is a bridged amplifier for car radios. It uses two amplifiers in a bridge for almost 4 times as much power as a single amplifier when driving the same speaker and with the same 13V to 14V power supply. Its manufacturer lies about its power:
On the first page it says its output is 20W at 1% distortion.
On the fourth page its power is 20W at a horrible 10% distortion and is 15W at 1% distortion which I believe.

The datasheet for the TDA2050 says that with a 36V supply, its power is 28W into 4 ohms or 18W into 8 ohms with low distortion. With a 44 supply, its output is 25W into 8 ohms with low distortion.

Is it complicated to build the TDA2005 with two IC... and for the TDA2050 is a lot of Volts the biggest size I seen is 28V where would I get 36V power supply. So the schematic that I provided on the TDA2050 is it legit a good build.

And can you provide the schematic of the two TDA2005 bridge your talking about, to see if is not gonna be to hard to build.

And thank you so much again audioguru for still helping me.

The LM383,TDA200x chips were commonly found in a bridged (BTL) configuration in car stereo power boosters in the mid 70's to the mid 80's.
The TA7205AP was also used as well in brand names such as Kraco and Spark-o-Matic and a few others.

They used be a stocked item at radio shack for many years, but, they are quite dated now.
I used to have many of these amplifiers in Both versions.
Make sure that you have an adequate heatsink for the LM383 or TDA 200x as they do run a bit on the warm side.
They will handle a 4 ohm load in the BTL configuration as that was what they were designed for and was the only way to get any decent power out of them on an automotive voltage level of 12v to 14v.
They are a couple of my favorite chips of yesteryear and I still have a few of both in my parts bin.

jer :)

Is it complicated to build the TDA2005 with two IC?
The TDA2005 already has the two amplifiers built-in. It is a simple circuit. Look at the schematic on its datasheet.
Its output is 15W into 4 ohms at low distortion with a 13W to 14V supply. Its output is reduced to 8W with an 8 ohm load.

for the TDA2050 is a lot of Volts the biggest size I seen is 28V where would I get 36V power supply?
Its supply is usually dual polarity, plus and minus 18VDC or plus and minus 22VDC. The power transformer is 26V center-tapped or 32V center-tapped.

So the schematic that I provided on the TDA2050 is it legit a good build?
It is on the manufacturer's datasheet so it is a good circuit. The datasheet also shows a dual polarity power supply. It also has recommended pcb designs.

The LM383,TDA200x chips were commonly found in a bridged (BTL) configuration in car stereo power boosters in the mid 70's to the mid 80's.
The TA7205AP was also used as well in brand names such as Kraco and Spark-o-Matic and a few others.

They used be a stocked item at radio shack for many years, but, they are quite dated now.
I used to have many of these amplifiers in Both versions.
Make sure that you have an adequate heatsink for the LM383 or TDA 200x as they do run a bit on the warm side.
They will handle a 4 ohm load in the BTL configuration as that was what they were designed for and was the only way to get any decent power out of them on an automotive voltage level of 12v to 14v.
They are a couple of my favorite chips of yesteryear and I still have a few of both in my parts bin.

jer :)

Thank you for that information geraldfryjr, and would it just get warm or hot that when you touch it you wouldn't be able to handle the heat. what size of heat sink should I get.
Thanks again geraldfryjr.

I would go with a low voltage chip, like for portible radios.

Ok on the LM383 or the TDA2002 I wont be able to power the amplifier with two 9V batteries so I would go with power wall supply. But Im just a little scare of that situation me plugin something to a little thing.

And by any chance can you give me a quick list of the low voltage chip that would be able to power by batteries.

Also Im not sure but I saw that the TDA 2003 could be power with one 9V, is that true, and giving 10W of power.
But thanks 4pyros for your comments.

The TDA2005 already has the two amplifiers built-in. It is a simple circuit. Look at the schematic on its datasheet.
Its output is 15W into 4 ohms at low distortion with a 13W to 14V supply. Its output is reduced to 8W with an 8 ohm load.

Its supply is usually dual polarity, plus and minus 18VDC or plus and minus 22VDC. The power transformer is 26V center-tapped or 32V center-tapped.

It is on the manufacturer's datasheet so it is a good circuit. The datasheet also shows a dual polarity power supply. It also has recommended pcb designs.

Thank you so much audioguru for helping me since the beginning, not only in this thread but on the other one's. But I think I should finish one before I start with another amplifier, If I want to start another one amplifier such as, the TDA 2050, TDA 2005, Ill come here and ask more about them if I need help on them.

But can you post the pictures or the simple drawing how to connect the 12V transformer, bridge rectifier and filter capacitor, to be able to power my TDA 2002.
Thanks again audioguru.

Also Im not sure but I saw that the TDA 2003 could be power with one 9V, is that true, and giving 10W of power.
Simply look at its datasheet.
Its minimum supply is 8V but a 9V battery quickly drops to less.
With a 9V power supply, its output power into an 8 ohm speaker is almost nothing, into a 4 ohm speaker it is 2W with horrible 10% distortion or 1.6W with fairly low distortion. A TDA2002 will be about the same.

But can you post the pictures or the simple drawing how to connect the 12V transformer, bridge rectifier and filter capacitor, to be able to power my TDA 2002.
A power supply is simple. You must calculate its current by how many amplifiers you have (two for stereo) and the impedance of the speakers.

Simply look at its datasheet.
Its minimum supply is 8V but a 9V battery quickly drops to less.
With a 9V power supply, its output power into an 8 ohm speaker is almost nothing, into a 4 ohm speaker it is 2W with horrible 10% distortion or 1.6W with fairly low distortion. A TDA2002 will be about the same.

A power supply is simple. You must calculate its current by how many amplifiers you have (two for stereo) and the impedance of the speakers.

Thank you, audioguru for verifying the TDA 2003, And also for the LM383 Amp simple power supply picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back