Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm35

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanoflash4

Can someone give me a Signal Conditioning Circuit for this sensor? I need an output of 0-5V. Thank You! I really needed help!

Not until your provide more information.

I am using an LM35 sensor to measure the temperature of water. I need a signal conditioning circuit with an output of 0-5V. I will use a PIC16F877 digitally convert the signal..... I needed a circuit for my LM35 sensor with signal cond. circuit.

You still haven't provided enough information.

What temperature range?

tanoflash4 said:
I am using an LM35 sensor to measure the temperature of water. I need a signal conditioning circuit with an output of 0-5V. I will use a PIC16F877 digitally convert the signal..... I needed a circuit for my LM35 sensor with signal cond. circuit.
hi,
A LM35 has an output of 10mV/Cdeg, with a basic range of +2C thru +150C. [centigrade scaling]
By adding resistors/diodes you can extend the basic range.

So for say 0 thru 100C you will get 0mV to 1Volt.
If you feed this directly into a PIC's ADC, with a +5Vref you will get an ADC value of (1/5) * 1023 = 204...

You can reduce the +Vref to +2.5Vref then the output of the ADC would be 408 for 100Cdeg.

The correct solution would be to amplify the 0 thru 1V by *5, giving a ADC value of 1023 for 100Cdeg,,,
that would give the best resolution.

Is this what you mean??

Eric

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back