Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM339 doesn't go high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddu_N

Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain why the LM339 comparator's output doesn't go high, even when the positive input is more than the negative input.

No matter what i try, the output goes only to a few picofarads. when the negative input is higher than the positive input, then the comparator works fine and the output goes to - V saturation. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain why the LM339 comparator's output doesn't go high, even when the positive input is more than the negative input.

No matter what i try, the output goes only to a few picofarads. when the negative input is higher than the positive input, then the comparator works fine and the output goes to - V saturation. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

hi,
Its an open output, it requires a pullup resistor to the V+ supply, about 3.9K.:)

Attachments

• esp01 Jun. 13.gif
    esp01 Jun. 13.gif
    10 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I tried adding the resistor but it still doesn't go high. Where exactly do I add the resistor? Between the comparator and the positive input? or between the comparator and the positive supply? I tried both but still the output stays at a few picovolts..

Picovolts? So you are trying to simulate the circuit?

As Eric said it is an open collector output. So you add the resistor between the supply and the output.

Thanks a lot both of you.. Yeah i was simulating it before getting to build the actual circuit. Using it to build a programmable gain amplifier.

post yr schematic so that we might see .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back